Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. - Jesus (Matthew 25:40)
The Christian community is the backbone of this ministry. Faith Builders is an invitation to churches small and large, rich and poor, Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant and independent to pick up the tool of Jesus—a hammer—to provide adequate housing for those in need.
Congregations who join with us should expect to feel invigorated, challenged, and ultimately blessed. We are doing more than hammering nails, we are putting faith into action as an expression of God’s love and compassion.
We are an unashamedly Christ-centered organization, but we also enthusiastically invite those from any faith group to work side-by-side with us. By bringing congregations together and adding the expertise of the Fuller Center, we can accomplish more than any individual congregation can on their own.
How your congregation can get involved
No church is too small or too large, too rich or too poor to make a difference. Here’s a summary of ideas we have come up with on how you can partner with us in ministry.
- Praying for the leaders, volunteers, and supporters of the Fuller Center.
- If we are active in your area, encouraging potential partner families to apply for help.
- Bringing your church out to volunteer on our sites locally, around the U.S., or internationally.
- Helping fill local Fuller Center board or committee position openings, or helping to start this much-needed ministry in your area! (Contact DJ: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
- Supporting the ministry financially by writing it into the church budget, sponsoring a new home or renovation project, engaging the Sunday School or Catechism classes in fundraisers, or other ways.
- Helping spread the word and move hearts to respond by requesting Fuller Center brochures or DVDs to show in your church, writing about our ministry in your church newsletter, or linking to our web site from yours.
- Providing food and/or lodging for volunteers when needed.
- Welcoming and partnering with the selected homeowner family(s) as needed and appropriate, in coordination with the Fuller Center Family Partnering committee.
The Faith Builders Covenant
The Faith Builders covenant is way for churches to show how they would like to participate in the ministry. It lists 7 different ways churches can get involved.
The word covenant means a “sacred promise or partnership.” Our covenant churches are those who want to join in a sacred partnership with The Fuller Center to house “the least of these.” The covenant is not necessary for church involvement and is not a legal agreement, but since we find it to be mutually beneficial, we encourage congregations to make use of it.
FAQs for the covenant: (PDF)
For more information, to discuss further, or to share ideas of your own, please contact